I first stamped all the animal images using Archival Basic Black ink all over a piece of watercolor paper. I then filled in the black spaces with the smaller images - the ribbon, chick, and the shooting star like image. I am not really sure what that is supposed to be but used it as a filler anyway.
After stamping all the images, I pulled out my distress inks and got to watercoloring. I started by coloring in all the animals first with a variety of distress ink colors. I applied the ink directly to the animal images using a paint brush instead of applying water to the image first. I added more ink after the initial wash of color was laid down to give a few shadows on some of the animals.
I then colored the entire background with very watered down salty ocean ink. I then added some black ink spatters using my irRESISTible tuxedo black texture spray. I cut down the watercolored piece and layered this onto an A2 card base made from basic black cardstock. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto some basic black cardstock using Versamark ink and heat set this with white embossing powder. I cut the sentiment into a banner and adhered that onto the card front using foam adhesive. I thought about adding sequins but kept the card simple with the focus being on the watercolored animals.
I can't wait to get my new toys from Stampin Up so that I can create with all the amazing new projects. The new fox builder punch is adorable and I want to see how many different animals I can make with it.