I started with two pieces of watercolor paper that I treated with my embossing buddy because I knew I'd be heat embossing the images to watercolor later. I stamped the water bowl, tennis ball, and bone in a random pattern using Versamark ink on one of the watercolor papers and heat set the images with white embossing powder to create my own patterned paper. I then stamped the dog image using Versamark ink onto the other piece of watercolor card towards the lower right hand corner because I knew I would be making a window type card.
After heat setting all the images, I got out my distress inks and started watercoloring. For the patterned paper piece, I colored the images with the following distress inks: squeezed lemonade, cracked pistachio, blueprint sketch, pumice stone, and stormy sky for the background. For the dog I used gathered twigs for the body and antique linen for his snout. I added some ink splatters using black soot ink on the card front.