Friday, April 28, 2017
Thursday, April 20, 2017
I decided to get out my new Distress Oxide inks and play around with the background. I stamped the metal image in Versamark ink repeatedly on a piece of Distress Watercolor paper and heat set with white embossing powder. I then started playing around with 3 ink colors - Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, and Worn Lipstick. I love how these Distress Oxide inks are chalky and give a different look to your projects.
I added some ink splatters using my Finetec gold watercolor and some splatters of the same distress inks. I stamped the heart image with Versamark ink onto some vellum and heat set in gold embossing powder. I then fussy cut the image out and adhered to the watercolor panel with foam tape. The I adhered the panel onto a piece of Mint Macaron yardstick from Stampin Up. The entire panel was then adhered to a top folding A2 card base made from thick Whisper White from SU!
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
I stamped the flower image onto some whisper white cardstock in 8 different Stampin Up ink colors: Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Pool Party, Dapper Denim, and Wisteria Wonder. I then stamped the leaf with Smoky Slate.
I then stamped the flower centers using Versamark ink and heat set them using gold embossing powder. I fussy cut all the images out using my paper snips.
I added some ink splatters to another card panel made from Whisper White cardstock. I used my acrylic block and "smooshed" the Smoky Slate ink pad onto the clear block. I then added some water to the ink and flicked the ink off the edge of the block to add some great ink splatters to the background. I added some gold splatters using my Finetec Mica Watercolors.
I then arranged the flowers onto the card front in a circle shape to form the wreath and added the leaves. The wreath was adhered with dimensionals and Tombow multipurpose glue. I stamped the sentiment and banner onto some vellum using Versamark ink and heat set that with some of the same gold embossing powder. The banner was die cut using the coordinating dies.
I then adhered the entire panel onto an A2 top folding card base made from thick Whisper White cardstock. I added some clear sparkling sequins to finish off the card.
You can watch my video on how I made this card on my YouTube Channel HERE, or watch below: